Senior / 3rd Line IT Engineer
Salary £30,000 – £40,000 – Dependant on Experience
At excellence IT, we pride ourselves on delivering a full cycle IT service to help organisations improve, innovate and transform; these 3 words are what form the foundation of our company’s DNA. We service a wide range of customers across all business sectors. Our offering includes expert IT support, leading IT Infrastructure and Security Solutions, Software Development and IT Training. By delivering an end to end service, we’re able to continually add value to our customers.
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Senior IT Engineer to join our busy IT Helpdesk Team. Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, this role will be the focal point for complex technical escalations and will provide technical support and guidance to our 1st and 2nd Line Engineers and Technicians. As a senior member of the technical team we are looking for a team player who can lead by example, sharing knowledge and producing documentation should be second nature.
This role is varied and no two days are the same. Alongside the challenge of the service desk, there will be an opportunity to lead a variety of interesting project implementations. We are looking for someone who is still excited by technology; someone who naturally keeps up to date with the latest technologies, techniques, initiatives and changes in the industry.
We are passionate about continuous improvement. This role would particularly suit an IT professional who would like to further develop their skillset and certify in Cloud Architecture (AWS/Azure) or Cyber Security Consultancy.
Industry Knowledge & Expertise:
- Computer Science / IT Degree or equivalent practical experience
- Ideally Microsoft Certified Professional
- You will have demonstrable experience of working with the following technologies:
- Office 365 Administration (experience of Migration Projects)
- Wintel Administration and Support (Desktop and Server)
- LAN, Wireless Network Skills
- Sonicwall / Firewall Administration
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Technologies
- Remote Desktop and Thin Client Technologies
- Virtualisation Design, Administration and Support (VMWare / Hyper-V)
- Active Directory (including Multisite and ADFS)
- SAN Administration, Implementation and Management
- Azure Administration
- Experience working within a Managed Service Provider environment and use of RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) tools would be advantageous.
- Cyber Security Accreditation or an interest in working towards
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 / 27001 would be advantageous
Additional Skills Required:
- Excellent Project Management skills
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills that can adapt to changing priorities
- Astute problems solving skills – with the ability to analyse data to reach conclusions
- A confident telephone manner and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Well organised and methodical approach to work – most importantly seeing tasks and projects through to completion
- Ability to remain calm under pressure during challenging times
- Ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- Exceptional customer service skills including experience of dealing with diverse customer groups
- Approachable team player who can motivate and share knowledge effectively
When building our excellence IT team, we look for people who share 3 main traits:
- Passion – We hire people who are passionate about what they do.
- Expertise – We hire people who are experts in their field.
- Trust – We hire people who are reliable and trustworthy. If you think you would be suited to our environment and culture we’d like to hear from you. For an informal, confidential discussion regarding this role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org – quoting reference: website
- To apply, please send your CV, highlighting where your skills and experience are a close match to our requirements, to email@example.com Please include details of your current salary / benefits package, again quoting reference: website.
- We would be happy to hear from applicants who may want to discuss alternative working patterns. There are up to 37.5 hours available each week.
No recruitment agencies please