Microsoft Teams vs Zoom. It’s the unexpected battle of 2020. So, we’ve investigated what features would be best for your business.
With the latest indications that the UK lockdown won’t be lifted anytime soon. It’s now more important than ever that you are keeping in constant contact with your employees or colleagues daily. Zoom has been the global choice of software and it’s not surprising why. It’s free, doesn’t require any major downloads and can host a very large number of participants. So is Microsoft Teams vs Zoom a hung drawn conclusion?
No, not really. The downside has been that as so many people have chosen to use it – 100 million in fact – that Zoom as a company hasn’t been able to prepare properly for the influx of new users, and make sure their security and privacy is still protected.
That isn’t to say Zoom isn’t the correct for your needs though. We are Microsoft Silver partners, so Microsoft Teams is our tool of choice, but we still thought a comparison of key features would be very valuable to undecided users…
Zooms Key Features
- HD Video and Audio
- Support to up to 1,000 video participants
- Up to 49 videos on screen
- End-to-end encryption for all meetings
- Streamlined calendaring with integrations to Outlook and Gmail
- Role-based security
- Screen sharing and co-annotation
- Recording and transcription
- Team chat with groups
- Searchable history
- File sharing
Microsoft Teams Key features
- Full integration with Office 365
- Video conferencing with background blur
- Excellent audio with in-line transcription
- File and screen sharing
- Instant messaging one-to-one and in groups
- Fully searchable conversational channels
- Access from all devices
- End-to-end security
- Endless bots for integrating extra functionality
- Tabs to make finding information easy
- Video chat limit of 80 participants
As popular and as helpful Zoom has been for many organisations, the security and privacy elements are still not there. Microsoft Teams is superior in the sense that due to it’s association with Office 365, there are extra ways to increase your basic security. Password refreshes, authenticity tokens and two factor authentication process – Zoom simply cannot compete with these extra levels of security.